Thursday, December 4, 2008

what if susie jumped off a bridge??

my friend, shawn, and i sat with two other friends (abby & shauna) at starbucks one day. we were talking about people's "blogs" and shawn turned to me and said "you don't have a blog, do you?" and i scoffed, like the idea was just SO ridiculous, and replied with something on the lines of, "uh, i have a 2 year old and 20 5th graders. there is no time for such things." and she agreed whole heartedly. so, you can imagine my surprise when i received an email from shawn telling all to visit her new BLOG!

now... i teach 5th grade. daily i am smothered with 10 year old drama. things that usually boil down to a frightening new concept in their lives: peer pressure! at least once a day i have a child outside of the door of my classroom and i'm giving them some sort of life altering advice because they have made a poor decision somewhere throughout the course of the day. 9 times out of 10 i use the phrase i swore i'd never say to any of my children, "if _____ jumped off a bridge, would you do it too??"

so here i am admitting that shawn made a blog. and basically i'm doing it just because she did. she jumped. so...sure, i'll jump.

hahaha. okay, so that's not entirely true. but the peer pressure did kinda get to me... :)

3 comments:

  1. I think my last comment got erased....? Anyways, I'll just repeat myself-- I LOVE how you dedicated your entire blog to me:-) I feel so privileged and honored. And I also love your way cute family pictures. Who took them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME :) I just posted one of your pictures on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world - You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete