Thursday, June 3, 2010

1/2 a year and 1/2 way to five.

some how...some way...my baby is already 1/2 a year old!  that sounds SO much older than 6 months.  so, for the sake of craving a bit of drama this morning...we'll use the phrase half a year.  :)

now.  try THIS on for size:  my favorite four year old is 1/2 way to being FIVE YEARS OLD.  holy guacamole!  am i really old enough to have a five year old?  i mean, i suppose at this point that's irrelevant, but still. 

because i am finally out for summer break, i wasn't a slacker this mirthday, and i took a lot of pics.  grandma gayla made an adorable outfit for mr. graham for this special 1/2 birthday.  i bribed ben with a miniature hershey bar to take some pictures with the half year old.  although he earned a sweet treat, it did mean that he had to take off his cowboy costume that is two sizes too small... talk about sacrificing for your family, right?
and the picture below perfectly depicts what little man is usually doing.  watching his big brother.  when graham was born, ben was dubbed an instant hero.  graham adores him, mimics him, stares at him and laughs at him all day.  teddy graham even put his arm on the chair just like ben...(happy sigh) twinkies. 
 
when ben came to visit graham and me in the hospital for the first time, i gave him this woody toy.  since it was the first toy graham had ever seen.... apparently that has made it his favorite.  he loves this thing.  it's so not age appropriate.  but, after child #1, let's be honest, that rule flew right out the window along with "his pacifier almost touched the ground!  go scrub it with hot water!"
 
before daddy left for work this morning, he paused for a silly picture.  if you know craig, you know this face is pretty standard.  for a goofball, he is pretty darn good lookin.
 
this picture says "tada!  we got dooley up here and he has no idea that graham is about to pull his fur off!!"  but in reality, dooley knows this routine all too well.
oh poor dooley.  the things he puts up with.
 
and the look of success.  this is just before the precious pup yelped and ran under the bed.... sadly, i have no photo of that...
gotta love these boys.  full of personality and nothing but fun.  i'm one lucky lady.







3 comments:

  1. OMG! I can't believe how big they are. So freaking cute! I miss them way too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just showed Blake the pictures and he named you all and then would say. "I go see Ben Mommy? I go see Cweg mommy? I go see Ensy mommy? I go see Dooley mommy? I go see Ben's baby mommy?" After saying not today Blake to all of these questions He said, "Mommy what about Woody? I go see Woody mommy?" I didn't know what he was talking about until I remembered Graham was holding him in the pic. Haha. He is very concerned though as to where Woody's hat is. If you could please make sure that is in the picture next time...we would appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete